What is native advertising? It is a form of advertising where the ads perfectly imitate the style and formats of the website where they get posted. In other words, the ads are seamlessly blended into the environment of any page or blog. Thus, the opportunities for a visitor are enhanced, but not broken.
The line between programmatic and non-programmatic native ads is in using some combination of process automation, machine learning, artificial intelligence and more – and as a result we have higher performance at lower costs.
Previous online solutions looked like a cut and try methods, but now we can have a much more interesting picture. Now advertisers, publishers, and marketers are more confident in their abilities and get more tools to estimate their KPIs.
Programmatic native ads are designed to provide informative content woven into the content and design of the platform. Even when these ads are shared by users, they adapt to new platforms to deliver a consistent experience.
Why programmatic native advertising is more beneficial?
As we said above, native ads gain the same style of a website. What is more important here – they correspond to users’ interests. Programmatic by itself gathers relevant ads for a visitor, and when they are not distracting – people become more loyal, more interested in the content. Thus, we have more clicks, more conversions and target audience expansion.
Using native ads in the social network or another advertising network can serve as the brightest example. Generally, such posts are designed in the same style and have format of any story on the network. As a result, the user doesn’t associate it with ads and more likely to digest it. Of course, such posts are tagged “ads”, but not so many people will check it before they start reading a catching story. And, at the same time, advertisement purchase will be facilitated with the help of algorithms of automation and optimization.
The main idea of these two branches of advertising is to expand the coverage. Advertisers are very happy here as the ad can be displayed to a bigger audience relevant to the markers they are interested in.
It is also a common practice in (real-time bidding) RTB auctions that there are a lot of ads that will be located in the footer where users are very likely not to pay attention at all. Native ads totally exclude such a variant – thus, advertisers don’t burn their money.
Key Advantages of Native advertising
Some of the most notable advantages of using programmatic native advertising are as follows:
- Easier Media Purchase: This form of advertising simplifies media buying by preventing the need to focus on metrics such as RFQs and RFIs.
- Deeper Customer Insights: These ads are designed to help you reach your target audience based on usage statistics. They are targeted based on data like demographics, a device used, browser, browsing history and more. Access to this data can help in creating more effective ad campaigns.
- Engage Users: These ads bring together elements like optimal editorial content and style to deliver seamless user experience. This means that users will see ads that deliver them value and not cause disruption.
- Dynamic Creative Optimization: It is possible to use DCO within native ads with ease and cost-effectiveness. All elements of the ads can be customized based on each user. This includes elements like a headline, thumbnail, description, and URL among others.
- Cost Effective: Programmatic native advertising allows you to make real-time changes to CPMs based on impression. This helps in running cost-effective campaigns.
- Better User Experience: When native ads appear in front of your customers or target audience, they don’t see them to be ‘ads’. This helps in increasing user experience.
- Higher Efficiency: This form of advertising helps in getting more out of each dollar you spend. You are able to reach a larger target audience on more websites.
Being an Early Beginner
A unique advantage of embracing programmatic native advertising for your business is that it has a slower rate of adoption. This means you can gain a competitive edge by being an early beginner.
This is perhaps because most businesses and marketers don’t know much about it. Besides, this form of advertising is in its early years. The performance measurement methodologies are also in the early phase. Once its importance and benefits are fully realized, it will become possible for users to live in an era of no annoying ads.
Another important area where programmatic native advertising is beneficial is in terms of building up relevance. It allows you brands to maintain uniformity between the content of their ads and their target audience’s interests and preferences. This further increases the chances of their content getting shared. The result is increased chances of your ads becoming viral.
Your business benefits from empowering your customers, not by causing interruption. This is a powerful code that is imbibed in the concept of programmatic native advertising. When someone searches online, they are looking for a solution to their problem. They aren’t always looking for a product or service. Traditional advertising focused on flooding such online searchers with ads.
The consumer is looking for valuable content, and that is exactly what this form of advertising delivers. With this form of advertising, you can deliver branded content without interrupting with the target audience’s user experience. It has brought about a dramatic shift in how advertising used to be done.
Consumers will no longer see your business as someone that is interested in getting them to make a purchase. They are more likely to reward you for the solutions you provide to their problems.
Nowadays marketing experts agree that traditional display ads are not yielding the same results, and native ads are their respectable follower that can bring users’ attention back to brands. And combining it with RTB technology will bring a huge difference to the world of online advertising.
Latest posts by rakesh kumar (see all)